Technical Roles at Frontier Networks
Careers That Don’t Suck
Leading Business Connectivity.
Join Our Team
Frontier Networks is in the business of building broadband infrastructure and voice services. We have, by far, the largest network with the most significant overall reach.
Frontier Networks is a ‘game-changer’ in our industry – where others provide mediocre coverage, weak execution, and ineffective support; Frontier excels with our 100 percent coverage connectivity solution that rivals everyone. Not to mention, our commitment to having customers experience our company’s culture.
We are passionate about what we do, we take quality and customer support seriously, and our culture places us as one of the most incredible places to work.
Role: Network and Voice Support staff (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
At Frontier, we surround ourselves with like-minded people. We are leaders, techs, geeks, hard workers, team players, as well as company team baseball players. We enjoy technology and enjoy working with people who like to break things and put them back together again. We are looking for someone to join our team
Who uses us.
We sell directly to end-user customers as well as through a channel or agents and resellers. Our customers include national retailers and small, medium, and large national enterprise customers with multiple locations.
Customer support is important to us. We take every customer, large and small, seriously. We have a sophisticated ticketing system and a Network Operations Centre (NOC) that operates 24 hours a day – 365 days a year.
We are passionate about what we do, we take quality and customer support seriously, and our culture places us as one of the more fun and exciting places to work.
Our office is in Toronto; specifically, the west end at 530 Kipling Avenue (QEW and Kipling). We have easy access to both the Kipling Subway station and the Lakeshore Line. In some instances, we are open to review teleworking staff.
Here is the quick shopping list:
- Knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and an understanding of the associated interworking.
- Interface with Vendors (both equipment and carrier) to resolve complex or system issues on behalf of clients.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Able to legally live and work in Canada (without a work permit support or sponsorship)
- Enrolled in or already have Cisco, Juniper, or Fortinet certifications.
- Familiar with LINUX and UNIX commands
- Knowledgeable with hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages
- Comfortable providing user support on data networking, broadband services, and security products
- Ready to take on some “On-Call” responsibilities for some after-hours work when needed
- Knowledgeable of Network Maintenance, Network Windows, and Migrations
- Organized and can manage Projects, New customer turn-ups, Installations, and field upgrades
Technical Requirements for this Role:
- Ip address allocations and maintenance
- BGP / MPLS Designs and Setup
- Network Design
- VPN/IPSEC setup and administration
- Voice over IP configuration and administration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with switches, routers, and firewalls (Cisco and Juniper)
- Hands-on experience with MPLS, SDWAN, and IPVPN, UTM, and Firewalls.
- Routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP
- Layer 2 technologies such as spanning-tree, VLANs, and WLANs.
- WAN and MAN technologies such as ADSL, EoC/TPIA, and Metro Ethernet.
We are committed to training you if you are junior and paying you well if you are senior.
At Frontier, we help you develop the skills that you will need to become leading industry talent.
In each of the required functions, we define our staff as:
- A) Novice (Tier 1)
- B) Intermediate (Tier 2)
- C) Expert (Tier 3)
Compensation and growth in Frontier are tied closely to these measurements. No one person can know it all, but in time and with the right mentoring, you will.
You can be a recent graduate at the top of your class with your Computer, Software, Network Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science diploma or degree in hand with some relevant work experience or have a decade of experience. We are looking for individuals, not letters.